East Road, Wimbledon, London, SW19 1YG

Online: Contact Us Online
Telephone: 0208 542 3105 ( Out of Hours: 111 )

National Health Service Logo

Registering with Us

Accountable / Named GP for All Patients

All patients registered at the Riverhouse Surgery have a named doctor who has overall responsibility for your care and support. Your registered GP is also your named accountable and your allocated GP. Your allocated GP will be responsible for the provision of your healthcare. If you choose to see another doctor at the surgery you are entirely free to go on doing so exactly as before.

If you are unsure of who is your named Doctor please ask at reception.

New patients are allocated a Doctor on Registration.

Top of Page

Practice Catchment Area

The practice area is shown with our catchment area marked. Click on the map and enter your postcode to check if you live within our catchment area.

If you are unsure, you can also contact reception to confirm. 

If you change your name and address or telephone number please inform us as soon as possible. If you move out of the practice area, you will be required to re-register with a more local practice.

Top of Page

How to Register as a Patient

If you live in our practice catchment area (see above) you can join our list. If you are registering your new baby please next section.

To register please visit the surgery with the following information:

  • A completed GMS 1 form (you do not need to complete this form if you have your Medical Card)
  • A completed New Patient Questionnaire
  • A completed Child Registration form (if applicable)
  • A completed Application for online access to my Medical Record
  • Proof of ID (e.g. passport, driving licence or medical card [you may be asked for two forms of ID])
  • Proof of Address (e.g. utility bill or bank/credit card statement from the last four months, current tenancy agreement, government agency letter, higher education letter or a letter from a recognised employer).

Please complete the paperwork before you need to see a doctor to give us time to deal with your registration.

This information is used to: (1) Check eligibility for NHS treatment, (2) Ensure the correct medical records are ascertained, (3) Ensure the patient lives in our catchment area

Online Services Records Access

Patient information leaflet ‘It’s your choice’

This Practice is a Safe Place for Everyone

Riverhouse Surgery is a safe space for everyone to attend including Refugees, asylum seekers, refused asylum seekers and undocumented migrants.

When registering we need to see proof of address and a photographic ID since we need to safeguard all our patients. If you cannot produce these documents for some reason you will not be refused registration.

However we do require an address for our records, and this address can be a local organisation you visit, day centre, support group or your local church after having gained their consent.

Top of Page

How to Register your New Baby

You need to register your new baby at the practice as soon as possible. Therefore please download and complete the folloiwng:

Please ensure you provide your baby’s NHS Number which will be detailed in their Red Book. Once we have received the form we will register your baby as a patient at this Practice.

The Practice will send you an appointment for a mother and baby post-natal check. This is a 50 minute appointment, 30 minutes for the baby check and 20 minutes for the post-natal. Your baby’s course of routine immunisations will start at 8 weeks and will be given at this appointment. Please remember to bring the red book. If you cannot make this appointment you must notify reception as soon as possible. Please be advised that if you do need to cancel, the next available appointment may be anything up to 4 weeks after that date.

Top of Page

Temporary Residents

The Doctors are happy to see patients who are temporarily resident in the Practice area should medical advice be required. In this instance persons wishing to be treated should state that they are a temporary resident when reporting to reception.

To register you will need to bring your passport plus download and complete our Temporary Resident Registration form (also available from reception).